Sunday, August 24, 2014

1st Date.

So on Friday, I went on a date.
And yo, it's been awhile since I've been on one. 

So I went and met this guy. We'll call him Guy. 
We met at a coffee shop. 
I got there, parked my car and found him sitting on a bench. 
He kind of stared at me, hugged and went on our merry way. 
We got our seats at the shop, ordered our drinks and chatted. 
We talked about careers, our current jobs, school, the ALS ice bucket challenge, family & our hobbies. 
But, these were all subjects I brought up. 
That was something I noticed: he didn't talk much. He didn't ask many questions. He didn't want to know me deeper. 
And he would stare. He would just stare at me when I would be done talking. 
I couldn't understand how we could just sit there and just look at each other! Like, c'mon ask me a question!! 
Now, we had good conversation. He's a good listener and asked questions about my family. It didn't get too deep though. 
And then he would do that staring thing. 

You know what I love? Laughing. He didn't laugh with me enough. I wanted to go and laugh and have fun and build chemistry. But as I was there, I was just thinking,"When is this spark going to light?" 
We drank our coffee, I offered to pay mine, but he covered. He walked me to my car, but kept his distance. We said our goodbyes and left. 
And he never texted me to tell me he enjoyed our time together until the morning. Which is fine I guess, but that night would have been dandy.
It was a good first date. But I seek so much more. I don't want to just sit and talk. I want to know the person I'm dating, build something together, and see if chemistry can be built. I would have loved it if when I got there, he would have said: you look nice, pretty, beautiful, whatever. 
I would have loved if he would have looked at me with eyes full of intrigue. 
I would have loved to have seen a heart so full of warmth. 
I'm not saying he didn't have any of that. Maybe he was nervous. I was, too. But if this would have worked, I feel like we just should have meshed. 
He's a great guy. He's got a ton going for him. 
I just want to have a passionate love. Not a simple one. 

It's all good though! That's what this season in my life is for: meeting new people, going on "learning dates," and learning more about myself. 

School starts soon and I'm stoked to kick it's butt.

Hope you're well, 
Alexis 




No comments:

Post a Comment