Monday, September 1, 2014

The importance of importance.

In and through this life we lead, we come through times of feeling important.
Being needed.
Being wanted. 
Ultimately having a purpose. 
And sometimes we don't feel this way. 

I remember going through the times of when my church first started becoming my home church. 
Everyone new me. Everyone took the time and effort to seek me out. 
If I wasn't in a service, I would have a text from someone asking where I was. 
3 years later, I don't get those texts anymore. I don't spend the time I once had in that community. And that's heartbreaking.

It's important we feel important. 
And many times we go through life thinking,"Well what the hallibut is the point anymore?" 

I went on a trip this weekend, Labor Day weekend. 
It was lovely. Went and visited California's state Capitol 
Visited Lake Tahoe 
And traveled around Truckee city. Cute stinkin little bitty town.
With houses such as this 
Oh it was such a treasure to get away. 
And during that time, I kind of forgot who I was at home. 
I forgot that despite my feeling of inadequacy, I am important. 
Because this super cool, all powerful God created me! 
This man can move mountains and walks like a hurricane into barriers I can never touch! 
His hands are filled with grace and whenever they are placed over my head, all fear escapes me. 
It's absolutely beautiful the way he works. 
I am humbled that such a being created me. 
I am in awe that he wants me in his plan.
I am amazed when he tells me that whether or not I feel wanted or needed, I am loved. 
I am important. 
You are important. 

The fact of the matter is, the importance of importance is you. 

Have a rad Labor Day, 
Lex 

No comments:

Post a Comment