Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Comfortable

The other day someone read to me. 
And it brought back sweet day dreams of when my mother used to read to me before bed. It was one of the best ways to fall asleep. 

I long to be read to. 
I want to hear your voice. 
Its like when you read to me, I get to read the story that is you. And that makes me feel safe.

That's intimacy, I believe. 
Reading one another. Feeling safe.
Being able to open a story & getting lost in it together. 

I want someone to read to me before I go to sleep. 
Tell me a story and I'll tell you mine. 

Make me comfortable. 
Wrapped in your arms and tangled in your mind. 

Read me the words like I've never heard them before. 
May your voice bring comfort as I lay away.
Comforted by your embrace & grace as you read made a story I've heard a million times. 

-comfort me

No comments:

Post a Comment