Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dear...

I wanted to say so long to you.
This isn't a big deal, so don't fret.

I think for awhile now I have been feeling so out of place.
I heard a lot of things.
A lot of things that were being said behind my back.
And that bites, you know?

I wanted to say how disappointed I am in you.
You picked me up so high and when I was low, you weren't there.
This is not a letter to make you feel bad, no.
Well..maybe.
I'm kidding.

It's a letter to let you know that I miss the old you.
I miss the relationship we once had.
I miss how much you cared.
How much you spoke into my life.
I miss how much you loved me.

I don't know why you don't talk to me anymore.
That hurts my feelings.
I don't know why you wouldn't stand up for me?
That killed.
I don't know why you wouldn't think that would hurt my feelings.
That was devastating.

I don't know what to tell you except so long.
It's time to move on.
It is going to be a struggle without you.
I will miss you.
I will miss all our memories.
Our laughs, our cries, the joys, the sorrows, all of it.

You are wonderful, I encourage you to keep haste.
And when you need me, I'll be right over here.

But I can't stay with you. Not right now.
I'm sorry.

Dear Church,

I can't imagine leaving this faith.
But I can't imagine you chasing after me anyways.

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment